Tuesday, May 18, 2010

LIVING LIBRARY IN MIERCUREA CIUC





In Miercurea Ciuc (Csíkszereda) took place the Biblioteca Vie (Living Library) in a bar named Café of the four wise skinned (kávéház a négy bölcs sintérhez) the 4-5 and 6 of may.

In the living library you can “read” many living books like prisoners, psychologists, artists, photographers, teachers, american man, international volunteers, officers.. among others.


The living library works like a normal library but the books and the dictionaries are living people. You can ask all that you want and the books can give their own experience. For me it's so interesting because both sides are learning.



It was really great! I could have read all the books, while I was making translation. I could read even books, which I wouldnt if I was a simple reader, for example the social worker. I found out things which really touched me.”


Csaba. Dictionary of Living Library in Miercurea Ciuc”

It was three days very interesting. Attended by people of all ages interested in many things and i'm sure that they learned many things. For example, i spoke with a prisoner and his experience was so tragic and exciting. He will write a book and he found his own truth in jail. For me he was a really good person. I could speak with a journalist too and we spoke about the actual situation about general press.

It's so interesting to learn things from the experience of other people, it's not only the theory, but you can see what is behind.

I think that it's a good idea and i hope that other countries “copy” this concept to do it because it's also a way to talk face to face in the internet era...

To close the library event on the last day we had the concert of Dutevino (www.dutevino.ro) and it was so funny and we enjoyed a lot!
(: Lorka :)


No comments:

Post a Comment